Saturday, September 27, 2008

Johnny Flynn




I heard a recorded studio session of Johnny Flynn the other day on NPR. It was really a tremendous performance. He has a very interesting voice - baritone, soulful. And together with the lyrics and instruments everything went together so well. My favorite of his songs is the Wrote and the Writ.

"Don't say in a letter what you can't in my ear."
- Johnny Flynn



He is on tour through the US with Laura Marling and Mumford and Sons. Really it is not something you want to miss!

1 comment:

White Elephants said...

I have the misfortune of living in Florida and I know not a single person who likes (or merely heard) this song and artist. So, I think it's great you like this. If your interested, I wrote an article on this song comparing the lyrical interpretations with the musical instruments and form. If you'd be interested in reading one interpretation and comparing it to yours, I would love to share the paper with you. Feel free to email: davidjshreve AT gmail DOT com