Monday, September 29, 2008

Alexi Murdoch



Alexi Murdoch put out a CD a couple years back called Time Without Consequence. I heard about him through my Dad - he had made me a mixed CD with Orange Sky on it.

I fell in love with the sound and then googled him and found a studio session recorded on Nic Harcourt's Morning Becomes Eclectic. In the interview Nic explains how he came out one night to a music gig and Alexi was opening for some other band and he really liked Alexi's music and invited him to the Studio. After that there was a buzz and his songs were on TV shows and movies. (Garden State, OC)

I am not sure how long Alexi had been making his way around the local music scene in LA but I am really glad Nic helped put his music out there. The studio session is really beautiful and Alexi seems like a really great guy. He decided to produce his CD independently rather than signing to a label because he thought that the producers were missing the point - Alexi wanted something more organic and authentic rather than polished up by some big label. So, that's the route he took... and I am really glad he did.

Listen to him when you need to breathe,
when you need to stop and rest...
listen to him all the time.
It's good medicine.

I saw him in concert at Schubas Tavern in Chicago - really great show! Schubas is a very intimate setting and Alexi really got along with the crowd.

Just wanted to share it with everyone because I enjoy it so much.




All My Days ...


He is on tour now with Alanis Morissette.

No comments: